Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexiromano
Reel Rookie

Unplugged and now no search function

I unplugged my Roku the other day to use it on a different TV, now that I plugged it back into the TV I usually use it on, there is no search function on the homepage. Are used to be able to search a show and it would tell me all of the apps that I could watch it on. I’m so frustrated!! Please help. All that is on my home screen now is home, featured for you, my feed, streaming channels, and setting detAll that is on my home screen now is home, featured for you, my feed, streaming channels, and settings. No search function. I didn’t change anything with my Roku settings. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unplugged and now no search function

Settings > System > About

Which Roku model number?

Which Roku OS?

Where are you (country)?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Lexiromano
Reel Rookie

Hello, I have the Roku Stick. I am not sure what OS - I will have to check once my boyfriend gets off the xbox. I am in the US. I have never had problems before. I have had the Roku stick a bit over a year I would say. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Be sure to get the model number and the OS version. Those may be the key to the solution. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
bdklar
Channel Surfer

I have the similar issue. Put the Roku 4k away for a while. Now no search feature. Did a factory reset, no good. Model = 4400X - Roku 4  OS = 10.0.0 * build 4177-17. Checked for updates, none. I put this away for reasons such as this. It is not reliable for my needs, but my mother wants to try one out for a bible show my sister wants to get her.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bdklar

Thanks for the post.

Where are you currently located? Please be aware that Roku Search is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

For more information about Roku Search, visit our Support page here: Can I search movies and TV shows across top channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bdklar
Channel Surfer

"Where are you currently located? Please be aware that Roku Search is only available in English in Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States."

I am in the eastern USA. My email account I used for this I have had forever.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bdklar

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bdklar
Channel Surfer

Roku account was created, both with the existing Roku 4, and the new Roku Streaming Stick+ using the same email address (gmail) which was created in Ohio years gone by now. My IP address via the link you provided is from Comcast, and originating from my home city. There is no VPN in play here.

I will attempt the new account as I have an outlook.com email address I can try.

Definitely returning the Streaming Stick + as it functions the same as the Roku 4.

This is too much work, literally, to simply setup a streaming device. If Roku is unable to determine my location from an IP address rather than based on an email address ending in .com, that is sad.

It does not resolve the fact that I am weary of the same issues when my mother uses her email address to setup this thing at her home.

Go Nvidia! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos