Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
done

Unable to open Airplay settings on Roku Streaming stick

I recently cam across the airplay feature on my Roku Streaming stick+, which was nice. I'm able to stream to the Roku stick from my iPhone from apps (Youtube, Netflix), without major issues. Although, when I try to mirror my screen, or if the app requires an Airplay code, I'm unable to proceed since the Roku device is unable to provide such code. 

When I try to check the Airplay settings on the Roku stick, it will flash the "Airplay" screen for a few seconds but then go back to the Roku settings screen (it's like the Airplay settings seems to be crashing). If the app on my phone request for an Airplay code, the Roku device will navigate to a gray "Roku Developer" screen, but will be stuck with the loading icon.

Hoping to get some answers on how to check  the Airplay settings on my device.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to open Airplay settings on Roku Streaming stick

@done wrote:

I recently cam across the airplay feature on my Roku Streaming stick+, which was nice. I'm able to stream to the Roku stick from my iPhone from apps (Youtube, Netflix), without major issues. Although, when I try to mirror my screen, or if the app requires an Airplay code, I'm unable to proceed since the Roku device is unable to provide such code. 

When I try to check the Airplay settings on the Roku stick, it will flash the "Airplay" screen for a few seconds but then go back to the Roku settings screen (it's like the Airplay settings seems to be crashing). If the app on my phone request for an Airplay code, the Roku device will navigate to a gray "Roku Developer" screen, but will be stuck with the loading icon.

Hoping to get some answers on how to check  the Airplay settings on my device.

Couple of notes:

1) YT and NF use a casting protocol called DIAL on all platforms (including your iPhone and Rokus), hence why you are able to use it though AirPlay2 isnt working.

2) Unfortunately the AirPlay2/HomeKit apps are hidden, and therefore not removable/installable by the user. 

If you havent restarted your SS+, you should do so.  

If that doesnt address the issue, try the Network connection reset.

If that doesnt work, you can try a Factory reset. 

If you arent willing to try that, you can message @RokuDanny-R  with your details (device model/firmware version/serial #/device ID/mac address/account email/account location) and he may be able to get the AP functionality reset/working right.

0 Kudos