Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Unfollow Shows

Jump to solution

I've seen a few other posts but no details regarding this issue. I have shows in "My Feed." They've been there since 2017 lol. I've repeatedly tried to unfollow following Roku's directions of clicking the * button on the remote to unfollow, but it never, ever works. It's such a frustrating user experience to see old shows giving notifications and updates when I'm no longer interested. Please fix this issue. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to Unfollow Shows

Jump to solution

Roku changed things, if the show/movie was added before the change you need to search for the show again and remove it that way. you cannot remove those shows from my feed directly. 

if it was added after the change you can remove them directly. it is unfortunate they did this. I had to remove quite a few shows using the search feature because of this change.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku changed things, if the show/movie was added before the change you need to search for the show again and remove it that way. you cannot remove those shows from my feed directly. 

if it was added after the change you can remove them directly. it is unfortunate they did this. I had to remove quite a few shows using the search feature because of this change.

Misscrf
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Omg thank you!!! I had this same problem and it was driving me nuts!

mommyfor7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I didn't search for or add Orange in the new black to my feed. It appeared a few days ago. I've tried all the methods  listed to remove it and I've removed  items in the past

It just stays.  If I search for it, follow, unfollow,  still there.  If I highlight and click it, option to follow! Even when I do then unfollow, still there. Annoying 

0 Kudos
sethra007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for this!  I've been trying to unfollow some TV show for months!

0 Kudos
mommyfor7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Also, I have searched it repeatedly, followed it then later unfollowed, it is still there. None of these suggestions has worked.

0 Kudos
mommyfor7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes and I did the search feature over and over. The program is still in My Feed. Quite annoying because I never added it to begin with

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

for a while I had 2 shows I could not get rid of no matter what I did, I don't recall adding them. eventually they did go away but I could not search them nor get rid of them. 

I feel like this might be your issue @mommyfor7 and yes I do know it is a pain. right now though I doubt you will get ahold of anyone at Roku that can help with it and a factory reset won't remove it

another possibility might be if someone else uses devices on that roku account. if they do maybe kindly ask them if they added it and see if they can remove it

mommyfor7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks. No I'm the only one using this and I know I did not add. Quite annoying but good to know I'm not the only one

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Add me to the list.

For reasons I can't even begin to guess, Roku added "Deadliest Catch" to my "My Feed".  It's not marked as being followed, it just insists on being in my "My Feed".  Clicking on "Follow" and then on "Stop Following" does not remove it.

This is not unique to one device, I have several Rokus and it shows up in all of them.

I think it's long past the time for someone within Roku to actually answer this question, give a solution that really works, and go beat on their developers until they FIX THE PROBLEM AT THE SOURCE.

0 Kudos