Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Ultra set up, time out, link disappears and manual entry

Just set up the Ultra. Okay, the remote works, I can see my channels, but I'm confused? What's so special? First, I went thru everything and then got the link. Okay, had to go online, go to the web, make all these choices. Then I see my Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and I click on those. Nice and seamless, clicking on the links takes me to those. I sign in. I see "connected." Great. Finally get done, or so I think, and I get a "link timed out" for some reason. Then I see the tv is "adding" stations 56, 58.... done. But, when I went to the Roku, I now had to add Netflix, Prime, Hulu, HBO Go all over again. Manually. And, I see the same channels (34) that were there with the 5 year old streaming stick. So, other than a volume control and some sort of voice activation, what's the big deal? And why did I have to manually add everything again? Was the web just a way for Roku to track me and sell data? Ooops. I'm not supposed to pull back the curtain. I call, but the average wait time was 18 mins., then 18 mins., then 18 mins, then 17, then 16, then 15, then 19, then 19, then 18, then 18. A little disappointed. Anyone care to share? I thought the screen was going to look a little different, like in the ads. (It's not a smart tv as we know them today). And besides, it's a stand-alone Roku Ultra. 

Oh, one other thing I am curious about: Since I spent about 10 minutes looking for this, how do you get back to the original screens asking about your interests and paid channels and free channels you like and the cable company you use and all that great stuff if you decide you want to change that list? That's where the "we're adding the channels" came from, added 58, shows 36 and I had to then put in all the usernames and passwords anyway. It was an awesome hour. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Ultra set up, time out, link disappears and manual entry

You're not making sense at all sorry.

Are you ranting or do you need help with something?

Try to be concise.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I followed all the steps and got a welcome. And a request to go to the computer. When I signed up there was a page where I chose all these channels and likes. There was activity on the tv. Spinning, adding 56 channels; Done. 36 channels as before. Nothing new. Why?

So, why did I have to the web and re-sign in and up if nothing changed?  

Then, when I went to use the channels, I had to individually, manually, ad the emails and passwords again, that I just had done on the computer. Why did I have to fill in all those channels and put in the passwords on the computer, then do them all over again when I tried to use them on the Roku?

The only personalization on the Ultra on the tv screen is "add a channel." There isn't anything about grouping sports or movies or tv stations like the video shows. Just like the streaming stick I had before. Why?

Where is the personalization other than "add channels" as shown in the video?

The only difference I see between the Ultra and the streaming stick is a volume control on the side and the ability to say "Go to Prime" instead of clicking out, then clicking on. (and a pair of headphones. I think I have a 1/2 dozen). It does appear to be quicker. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Hope that's clearer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Yes. Thank You.

So you just want to rant mindlessly.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos