Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

Ultra 4800R Comments/Questions

A couple of months or more ago, I upgraded from the Roku 3 to the 4800R and was startled by the differences in both audio/video via my OLED TV. While the Marantz SR6005 does NOT support 4K, the resolution is superior. Can someone that's knowledgeable explain why? 

In addition, many films appear in full screen and by default stream in DD+ which wasn't the case with the Roku 3. In order to take advantage of the LG OLED, I've located a more current AVR that supports all its features (Atmos, HDR 10, etc). Is it safe to assume BOTH audio/video will improve further using it? Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos