Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Ultra 4660 issues today after 1.5 years of flawless operation

Jump to solution

I have a Ultra 4660x2 (model # from bottom of device) that after a year and a half of flawless operation now has the following issue:

When booting its does the "Dancing Roku Logo" (with sound) then screen just goes black...
The TV does acknowledge that it is switching from 1280x??? to 1920x1080 resolution.

I have done the following: Did 2 Hard Resets.... goes black after the internet connection screen.

Used 2 different cables into 2 different HDMI Ports to my TV (Samsung 60F5300 Plasma)
I also have a Windows Media Computer that worked fine with both Cables and both HDMI ports.

I have also tried changing the picture settings on the TV (3 different settings)

I cannot give what firmware it is on as I cannot get to the menu screen to find out.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Ultra 4660 issues today after 1.5 years of flawless operation

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan for the reply,

I guess that I had good timing buying 2 of the new Ultras during Black Friday for $48 each....
I replaced the old one with the new one and it works great.... Noticeably faster loading and scrolling through menus.

The scrolling through the Live channel menu from top to bottom in You Tube TV is 3X faster than before...

I'm kinda concerned that my old one just died after 14 months though....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Nobody?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

About the only thing to try that you haven't done is to test it on a different TV. I recognize that the TV is working fine with other devices. But it's something that has to be tried. Also make sure the HDMI port in the Roku is clean, with no dust bunnies hiding in there. You've probably already done that, but sometimes we have to mention the obvious. Smiley Happy

Also, when you did the hard resets, did you hold the button for a full 30+ seconds? Anything less than 30 seconds isn't a full reset. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan for the reply,

I guess that I had good timing buying 2 of the new Ultras during Black Friday for $48 each....
I replaced the old one with the new one and it works great.... Noticeably faster loading and scrolling through menus.

The scrolling through the Live channel menu from top to bottom in You Tube TV is 3X faster than before...

I'm kinda concerned that my old one just died after 14 months though....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos