Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ocelot_actual
Level 7

USB port on Soundbar

Just bought the MIL a Roku Smart Soundbar  910R. There is a USB port on the back that I am having difficulty understanding what it is for. Can I plug in an external HD with content? Is it a maintenance port only. What's the dealy-o?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: USB port on Soundbar

Reviews I've found indicate the USB port "may be used to play local media files" but I haven't seen any details. The reviews seem to indicate the main reason to purchase this would be to add Roku capability to a tv that doesn't have it, and that the sound bar performance is fairly mediocre but still an improvement over most tv native sound.

With a Roku Ultra, a drive with a USB interface can be plugged in to play media files via the Roku Media Player app, so it is likely possible with the Soundbar too, although I've not been able to find anything to confirm or deny it.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
mperis
Level 7

Same question for roku streambar 9102r. What’s it for? No discussion in instructions.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You can get ethernet to usb adapter and use it to get wired internet to the streambar. And Roku soundbars with 9.4 will work as well. Only 10/100 Lan adapters work like the plugable brand:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00484IEJS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

There's a huge list of supported USB media formats:

https://www.roku.com/products/audio/roku-streambar

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos