Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillJ5603
Level 8

USB System Update Not Valid

My problem started 7/3/20. Will connect to wifi, but will not connect to internet -- I got a green check and then a red X on the internet. Already rebooted modem, factory reset. Now what has me really concerned is, went through the whole thing about updating the firmware using a USB. Went to tvupdate.roku.com and downloaded the correct update file on a usb drive. When I went to install the update I get an error message, "contents of the file are invalid". I've tried reformatting the USB drive twice, and repeated. No dice. This same issue happened about 6 months ago and I was able to successfully fix it; factory reset, updated firmware with correct update file using a USB. What is the deal here Roku? TV is an Insignia NS-39DR510NA17. The TV is 3 years old.  PLEASE DO NOT -- tell me to reboot my modem, rename my network, and all the other trivial suggestions. I have been through this before and successfully updated using the USB and registering the code that appears with the Roku website.

0 Kudos