Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrHoggLegg
Level 7

USB Port on Ultra 4660R

I have purchased from Office Depot an Ultra 4660R. But I'm wondering if it has a USB Port. And if it does, can a USB Headphones work through it?
Thank You All for this Forum!  ✝️

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: USB Port on Ultra 4660R

No. The USB cannot be used for output. Only to view files from storage.
0 Kudos
MrHoggLegg
Level 7

Thank You, twiceover. I appreciate your quick reply.  ✝️
0 Kudos
akent35
Level 10

Darn!  I was hoping it could be used for viewing TV series, movies, etc.  Does the Roku player have a built-in video player, like our Samsung Smart TV has?
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

"akent35" wrote:
Darn!  I was hoping it could be used for viewing TV series, movies, etc.  Does the Roku player have a built-in video player, like our Samsung Smart TV has?

It can do this using the Roku Media Player app.  Assuming the files are in a compatible format with the Roku.  The USB is not an OUTPUT device, it is for input only.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"akent35" wrote:

Roku Media Player isn't "built in", but it is a free download and no cost to use. As mentioned, your media has to be in a supported container (MKV, MOV, MP4, .TS), and must use supported audio and video codecs (H.264/H.265/H.262/MP4 video, 2 channel AAC or Dolby Digital audio). This page has more details. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
akent35
Level 10

Cool!  That's wonderful.  Just about all the video files I would want to watch are in MP4 format.  I would be using flash drives containing the videos.

I do have a question about the format of the flash drives.  I use Macs, and via a program called Disk Utility, I can format them in the following formats:

Format - Mac OS Extended (Journaled)   Scheme - Guid Partition Map

Format - MS-DOS )FAT) (I believe also known as FAT32)    Scheme - Master Boot Record

Format - ExFat  Scheme - Master Boot Record

Our Samsung 65" Smart TV has USB ports, along with a built-in video player, and to see any movies or TV series I have, I format the Flash Drives as Format - ExFat  Scheme - Master Boot Record.  

So, which is the best for the Roku Media Player?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

USB drives can be formatted with different file systems. Roku devices support USB drives that are formatted with the FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, and HFS+ file systems. Many new USB drives are pre-formatted with the exFAT file system, which is not supported.

More info here.[/url:abda5y1w]
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
akent35
Level 10

OK, it looks like ExFAT will not work.  But FAT32 (called MS-DOS) and HFS+ are available on a Mac.
0 Kudos