Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Condorx2
Level 7

USB 3.0 hub recommendation please

Hi
I learn the hard way and got the Roku ultra, I thought a $100 unit could let me read my external hard drive just like my wdtv live. The Roku is amazing, it's my first streamer and the reason I become a cord cutter.
I've read about Plex but my pc is almost 10 years old. I don't know if it can be a delicate server.
Anyway, if anyone here have any experience with a good usb 3.0 hub, please recommend one for me to purchase.
Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 16

Re: USB 3.0 hub recommendation please

A caution. The WDTV could play a wide variety of audio and video codecs. Roku players only support a limited number of codecs and containers. Depending on what media is on your drive, they may not play. In that case I suggest either Plex or a DLNA server on a computer or NAS on your network, and attach the drive to the computer. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos