Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GemGlows
Reel Rookie

ULTRA switches on no matter what I am watching

Jump to solution

I have had pretty much every roku device. I upgraded and now have the ultra. While I'm watching something else (different input) after a time it switches to the roku input. It's getting extremely frustrating.  I can't figure out what is wrong. Help. Please!!  I have a pretty new TV and like I said have never had this problem. I had the 4k stick before this.  No problem. And so on. .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ULTRA switches on no matter what I am watching

Jump to solution

@GemGlows 

Normally just a conflict with CEC features.  Try disabling Roku's 1-touch play.  This CEC feature automatically switches to the HDMI your Roku is attached to and powers on your TV when any button on the Roku Remote is pressed.  However, it can have conflicts with other CEC enabled devices and their remotes.

To disable 1-touch play (Settings/System/Control other Devices/1-touch Play [uncheck to disable])

Roku Support Article (https://support.roku.com/article/115008012587) - Why does my TV switch to a different device when trying to use my Roku® streaming player?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@GemGlows 

Normally just a conflict with CEC features.  Try disabling Roku's 1-touch play.  This CEC feature automatically switches to the HDMI your Roku is attached to and powers on your TV when any button on the Roku Remote is pressed.  However, it can have conflicts with other CEC enabled devices and their remotes.

To disable 1-touch play (Settings/System/Control other Devices/1-touch Play [uncheck to disable])

Roku Support Article (https://support.roku.com/article/115008012587) - Why does my TV switch to a different device when trying to use my Roku® streaming player?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

GemGlows
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  That should work. It was just crazy, I wasn’t using any remote just lol of a sudden Roku would come on. Odd.  But thank you. So far so good!