Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyCalling
Level 9

Re: UK Voice Search really needs fixing

"lisahart" wrote:
Did you try new Roku version 2 and 3, that version made only for voice search with remote. And it's amazing features. 

In the UK, the only Roku models available are the Express and the Stick+. Anything else would be very old stock (not seen any around since the Express took over) or second hand. Mind you, Wikipedia does not list a new R2 or 3 as being available either so they must be increadibly new. I'm surprised they are coming out at all since the US range is already stuffed full with new releases this year. Are these to replace the new devices released in October already?

Do note that Stick+ has remote voice search. If the new 2 and 3 only have voice search from remote and have dropped app voice search (not that I use the app for that as I use the Windows app) it will annoy many as it's a brand new feature. Blimey, that didn't last too long.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 12

"AndyCalling" wrote:
"lisahart" wrote:
Did you try new Roku version 2 and 3, that version made only for voice search with remote. And it's amazing features. 

In the UK, the only Roku models available are the Express and the Stick+. Anything else would be very old stock (not seen any around since the Express took over) or second hand. Mind you, Wikipedia does not list a new R2 or 3 as being available either so they must be increadibly new. I'm surprised they are coming out at all since the US range is already stuffed full with new releases this year. Are these to replace the new devices released in October already?

Do note that Stick+ has remote voice search. If the new 2 and 3 only have voice search from remote and have dropped app voice search (not that I use the app for that as I use the Windows app) it will annoy many as it's a brand new feature. Blimey, that didn't last too long.

There are no new Roku 2 or 3 devices announced, or expected, fot the US.
Basil
Longtime Roku user
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 9

"Basil" wrote:
"AndyCalling" wrote:
"lisahart" wrote:

There are no new Roku 2 or 3 devices announced, or expected, fot the US.

Hmm. Lisahart must have been referring to something that's been released where she lives though, even if she may have the names wrong. I wonder what it is?

Lisahart, what country are you from? I would love to check out the Roku site for your region to see what they are pushing out.
0 Kudos
lisahart
Level 7

I am not getting you, what are you saying ? 
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 8

the question for lisaheart, is what country as you in?
0 Kudos
Jules13
Level 7

ROKU Voice Search still not effective and a gimmick only.  It's now the end of Nov 2019 and this issue has still not been fixed!  Wake up ROKU.

0 Kudos