Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella01612

Two roku devices

I I am thinking about buying two Roku devices I was wondering if I log into one record of ice if my passwords and stuff for Netflix and Hulu would go onto the second one automatically.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two roku devices

Your information is stored in your Roku account at https://my.roku.com.  All Roku devices connected to this same account will have access to this info.  Any channel added or deleted from one will be added or deleted for all.  (Exception some newer channels may not be compatible with significantly older units, and won't install on them.)

The things specific to each Roku device that must be set on each device are your logins to any subscriptions not purchased through Roku, and the order of the channel tiles in the channel grid.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Two roku devices

@Bella01612 wrote:

I I am thinking about buying two Roku devices I was wondering if I log into one record of ice if my passwords and stuff for Netflix and Hulu would go onto the second one automatically.

Those apps specifically? I don't think so. However, there are some apps that use Roku's Single Sign On process that will function like you're thinking. As @makaiguy some data is stored by Roku. But not everything on each box is stored by Roku. Complicated legal reasons, or complicated "that's a lot of work to do that" reasons, etc.

Anyway, you may find, as I did, that some apps that are set up on one device will automatically log in when a new device is added to the same Roku account. But certainly not all.

Hulu wasn't one of those the last time I added a Roku device. And I haven't dealt with Netflix in years, but I don't think they do that either.

Some apps do work that way, but not those.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos