Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Two or more devices on Alexa Voice Command

Jump to solution

Here is my situation.......

'I have two Roku Devices, one is a ROKU model 3050A, the other a Roku 3930RW (Express). 

I also have Alexa,  and  I was successful in enabling the Skills for Roku, and Alexa did find both devices without a problem.

What is happening now is that Alexa does respond and carries out commands to the 3050A unit, but will not work with the 3930RW/Express unit. I have had the 3050A unit for some time, the 3930RW I just purchase about a month ago, Both units are on the same Wifi/Network 2.4Ghzband and identifier (they were both doscovered by Alexa.

So I am  wondering if Alexa has  the capability to take commands  to two  separate Roku devices is there a workaround or did I miss something?

Any help would be appreciated, and  thanks!

P.S. the voice command does work with both units viathe SmartPhone App....

C.R

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Two or more devices on Alexa Voice Command

Jump to solution

@thebigguy1  Thanks for the note. Have you logged into your Roku account at my.roku.com and names these devices individually. 

e.g.

- Living Room Roku 

- Bedroom Roku 

If not, try giving them unique names. You will need to then remove the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa, and add it back once again. Make sure to select both of your Roku devices during the linking process to control both via Alexa. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Two or more devices on Alexa Voice Command

Jump to solution

@thebigguy1  Thanks for the note. Have you logged into your Roku account at my.roku.com and names these devices individually. 

e.g.

- Living Room Roku 

- Bedroom Roku 

If not, try giving them unique names. You will need to then remove the Roku skill for Amazon Alexa, and add it back once again. Make sure to select both of your Roku devices during the linking process to control both via Alexa. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos