Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Two kids Two Different Age Groups Two Rokus

Hi Guys!

I have my Roku account with two devices attached to the account. I understand Roku will use the same passcode for both.

My question is: Is there a way to give different parental settings for each device? I have a teen boy and an eleven year old girl.

thank you all!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Two kids Two Different Age Groups Two Rokus

Individual Roku devices have no parental guidance controls. If you log into your account on my.roku.com you can set a PIN and choose when it will required, but this setting and the PIN apply to the ACCOUNT and will be the same for all Roku devices registered to that account.  But even so, the rating controls ONLY apply to Roku's own The Roku Channel, not to any other source.  In order to have different settings for each device, you would need to set up multiple Roku accounts, using separate email addresses, register each device to the appropriate account. 

You may find some of your individual channel apps have their own parental control settings, which may also apply to your account with that channel and not to each device separately. 

Note that the multiple Roku account approach makes it difficult or impossible to set up paid channels purchased through one Roku account to display on another.  You are better off placing any such subscription directly with the channel which will allow you to play it on any device for which a dedicated channel app is available.

See this page for details: https://support.roku.com/article/208755938-how-do-i-block-content-using-parental-controls-

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Two kids Two Different Age Groups Two Rokus

[Oops.  Duplicate.  Removed.]

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos