Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VerifiedxTy
Level 7

Tv issues

After a few times of restarting my tv and trying new batteries, i don’t know if it’s my remote or tv. But the sound of my roku is getting controlled by every button on my roku remote. It will mute and unmute no matter what button you press and it gets annoying. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv issues

Sorry for getting so basic, but just to cover all the bases ...

The MUTE button on Roku remotes that have one is located on the left side where it is very easy to hit inadvertently merely by holding the remote in your hand.  I can't count the number of times I've muted the tv by accident.  Might you be doing the same?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
VerifiedxTy
Level 7

I wish I could say yes but nope, i would sit my remote down and my tv would mute and unmute on its own. I have the hisense roku tv and i don’t know why it’s doing this 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

As a troubleshooting step, after you have the tv turned on, see if the problem continues after removing the batteries from the remote.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos