Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexissneeily
Reel Rookie

Tv freezing and not working with remote

Good Morning, I don't know who will be able to help me but I need help. Yesterday my tv was working fine. And last night all of a sudden my tv has been glitching and freezing and not working with any remotes. I restarted the whole tv and the reset up went fine. Now it's doing the same thing freezing and glitching and not slecting anything. Can someone please help me!! 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Tv freezing and not working with remote

Just to confirm, this is a Roku TV, and not a TV with a Roku device attached?

What is the Roku model number and OS version? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alexissneeily
Reel Rookie

It's a Roku Tv Onn version. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

What I'm about to suggest isn't a solution, but a troubleshooting step to narrow down the problem.

First, let's clarify if your Roku TV is connected to your network. If you did a factory reset of your TV, and if you aren't connected to your network, these steps can't be accomplished as I'm describing. So, if you haven't yet done a factory reset, don't do one.

If you have a smart phone, you can download the Roku app and use that as a remote for these steps.

Does the Roku app allow you to connect to the Roku TV and control it that way? If so, go ahead and get the Roku model and OS information from Settings > System > About

If the Roku app works well as a remote, then it's probably just your remote that's gone bad. If it doesn't (and you are connected to your network) then it may be the TV that's bad.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Alexissneeily

Thanks for the posts.

Please see @DBDukes's reply and provide us with the requested information so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes

@retaichraq123 wrote:

The TV/Cable Box integration works fine, but if I shut off my TV (keeping the Xbox One with TV running, just as I used to do with my cable box) when I come back the next day and turn the TV on, the Cable picture is frozen and will not change, even when I can see that I'm changing the channel on the cable box or even turning it on and off.

I'm not clear how Roku figures in to all this, or what your setup is. What's the issue you're having with a Roku device?

DBDukes

0 Kudos