Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chealer
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn off display option not available after update

Oh, thank you very much for the crucial clue Penarandajacky

Unfortunately I can't verify as I returned my Roku TV since. If this is the issue, I strongly recommend Roku's "error message" is changed to explain why the command is rejected.

0 Kudos
makai_02
Channel Surfer

I had the same challenge.

Easiest solution if you don't have a voice activated remote... Download the official Roku remote app.

So simple and loads of fun! ; )

0 Kudos
gr4v1ty
Channel Surfer

I just got it. Fast start needs to be enabled AND then the turn display off command will work.

0 Kudos
actnc
Channel Surfer

Voice command doesn’t not work for me. 

0 Kudos
actnc
Channel Surfer

Voice command doesn’t not work for me. Always get “unable to turn off the display”

0 Kudos
gr4v1ty
Channel Surfer

Did you activate fast start? 

0 Kudos
makai_02
Channel Surfer

I must say that I use the "Turn Off Display" voice command only when playing Spotify to save how long the screen is being used (and then I have to be actively playing a song to use that or I get the same message.)

To turn off the display, as to shut the TV off, just say "Turn TV Off". Works the same to turn the TV on, but with those points... I just tap the button.
: )

0 Kudos
makai_02
Channel Surfer

I must say that I use the "Turn Off Display" voice command only when playing Spotify to save how long the screen is being used (and then I have to be actively playing a song to use that or I get the same message.)

To turn off the display, as to shut the TV off, just say "Turn TV Off". Works the same to turn the TV on, but with those points... I just tap the button.
: )

0 Kudos
Idk101

Make sure you've got Settings / System / Power / Fast TV start turned on. That's needed to enable "Turn Display Off" Then the workaround should work

0 Kudos
kajsidog
Channel Surfer

The Spotify app disappeared Sunday but when it returned Monday (presumably after an update) the turn off display feature was finally back in the menu! So happy to not have to crack open the app and talk at my phone just to turn the screen off. (for reference I'm on a Roku TV, a TCL 55 P607)

I wish everyone luck with their upcoming updates.

0 Kudos