Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Turn off display option not available after update

Ever since my tv updated there hasn’t been the option to turn off display while listening to music. What can I do to get it back?

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Turn off display option not available after update

Did you get a workaround for the option of turning off the display while just listening?

Highlighted
Level 9

I have the same problem. After the update the option to turn off display disappeared. I'm on a Roku TV, a TCL 55 p607. I really love that feature and hope it will come back soon

Highlighted
Level 8

Workaround: Using the provided remote and voice command, "Turn off screen" or "Turn off display" usually works.(Sometimes it says that option is not available.)

I really hope it comes back to the menu though as we use a universal remote. It also seems specific to app. iHeart Radio still has it as a menu item while it's gone from Spotify and usually YouTube.

Highlighted
Level 9

Thanks! That totally works. I do hope it comes back to the menu but I am so glad you posted this workaround! I tested it both with the remote and also using the Roku app on my Samsung phone and both work when you do the voice command. Smiley Very Happy

@kajsidog wrote:

Workaround: Using the provided remote and voice command, "Turn off screen" or "Turn off display" usually works.(Sometimes it says that option is not available.)

I really hope it comes back to the menu though as we use a universal remote. It also seems specific to app. iHeart Radio still has it as a menu item while it's gone from Spotify and usually YouTube.

Highlighted
Level 8

Great to hear. I didn't even realize the app has voice commands @dbdarrough That allows me to get the coffee table back to a single remote. High-five!

Highlighted
Level 7

Darn, that workaround had me excited for a second, but my TV (TCL S425) seems to only say "Unable to turn off the display".

Also on my playback screen (before the bouncing icon screensaver kicks in), it says "Options (*)" but then it doesn't respond to the star (*) button on the remote in the first place. Seems like that's where this feature would be if a menu would actually open!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My 55R617 has the same error (""Unable to turn off the display") if I try that in YouTube.

0 Kudos