Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Turn off action smoothing

I have an LG TV (UH7700), I just bought a Roku Express and need to turn the action smoothing off, but can't find the advanced picture settings. The only settings options I get, within a video that's playing, is audio track & accessibility. Please help. I have turned off TruMotion on my LG TV. I am using the HDMI3 slot.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Turn off action smoothing

@jmbushkill wrote:

I have an LG TV (UH7700), I just bought a Roku Express and need to turn the action smoothing off, but can't find the advanced picture settings. The only settings options I get, within a video that's playing, is audio track & accessibility. Please help. I have turned off TruMotion on my LG TV. I am using the HDMI3 slot.

Action smoothing (soap opera effect, etc.) is something that is solely controlled by the display, not external devices. The Express has no such control over that function. The 4K Roku players have a framerate matching function, which is the only advanced display setting that any Roku player has. But the Express isn't 4K, so doesn't even have that setting. 

I don't have an LG TV, but my guess is there's something besides TruMotion that is controlling what you want to change. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos