Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderbird69
Reel Rookie

Turn off Voice Command feature - Roku Ultra

I just purchased a new Roku Ultra. It appears that this new unit has a voice command feature in which it tries to learn your voice.

I have absolutely no need for this feature. I use a Logitech remote control to control the Ultra and my other components.

Is there any way to disable the Roku voice command feature any any microphones that may be listening to me?

Will removing the batteries in the Ultra remote accomplish what I want? Or, is there a hidden menu where I can turn off the voice command feature?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Turn off Voice Command feature - Roku Ultra

The voice search is part of the remote and only listens when you press the button on the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Thunderbird69
Reel Rookie

If I remove the remote batteries, will that stop any alarms and also disable the microphone? Is the mic in the remote or in the Roku unit?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's all in the remote.  If you're not going to use it there's no sense in leaving batteries in it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Spartan_Warrior
Streaming Star

Under audio settings there's a box to click that disables mic permissions but I get an error message saying unable to complete because of connection issue, but I am connected to my WiFi. So what's the problem here? 

0 Kudos