Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contax645
Level 7

Trying to choose hdr options but get error notice saying operation error

Trying to choose hdr options but get error notice saying operation error. I’m running a invidia Roku UHD 4K tv. I am connected to high speed internet via Ethernet. When I try to choose hdr using the mobile app, under advanced settings, I get an error code that says operation error.
The content is from Amazon and is supposed to be in UHD but I can’t choose HDR in the picture settings. Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Trying to choose hdr options but get error notice saying operation error

There is a current issue with Roku players and Amazon HDR content. I just checked on my Sharp 4K Roku TV, and video that I know is available in HDR is not being listed as such right now. UHD is available, but not HDR. Amazon is in the midst of rolling out HDR+, which is supposed to be backwards compatible with players that only support standard HDR. For some reason, there are a number of players (Roku being one) that have issues with whatever they're doing.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos