Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blakemail
Level 7

Trouble with USB on Sharp Roku TV

I have been watching mp4 videos on a thumb drive plugged into the USB port of my Sharp TV with Roku.  Recently the Roku Media Player stopped listing the USB device when trying to find a video to play.  I have media player set to start when a USB is plugged in.  But when I plug in the thumb drive, media player comes up but does not list the USB device for file selection.  Any idea how to get the TV to list the USB device again?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Trouble with USB on Sharp Roku TV

Have you tried completely powering the TV off (unplug it) for about a minute, then turning it back on? I've had to do that with computers before. With my Sharp, I've only used the USB port once to test a media file, so can't say if it's an issue.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos