Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XavaX
Binge Watcher

Too far! Paws advertising on Home Screen

Long time Roku user here, also an investor in the company (full disclosure).

I’m really disappointed in the latest Roku Home Screen theme, “Paws”.  The Olympics screen took over the theme in an intense manner, but the latest Paws theme is the wrong move.  It changes the screen, advertises at me, for something completely uninteresting to me.  It’s also “girly”.  Nothing wrong with that but I’m a single guy.

I’m fine with uniform and generic themes, but not highly niche ones - especially those which do not pertain to me.

Couldn't find a Contact Us section for complaints, so writing here.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Too far! Paws advertising on Home Screen

@XavaX 

Settings > Theme > Seasonal themes > Off

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@XavaX 

FYI, these "niche" movie/show/service wallpaper/theme advertisements have been going on for a couple years now - they aren't new.

This is the first time you noticed?

As @DBDukes indicated, you should turn off seasonal themes (though that wont eliminate all of them)

0 Kudos
XavaX
Binge Watcher

Thanks, I know how to turn off seasonal themes.  What I’m trying to say is the advert itself is off putting.  Again, not looking for help, just hoping Roku would notice since they have no way to provide user feedback.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@XavaX 

https://support.roku.com/contactus/

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
XavaX
Binge Watcher

Thanks, I did review that section - there is no general contact.  It’s all for questions.  I’ll just mark this completed as I don’t think it will be gaining any attention from Roku’s team here.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@XavaX 

Thanks for the posts.

I've passed along your feedback to the appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos