Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tvfan14
Channel Surfer

Thumbnails Not Appearing in Search Function

When I use the "Search" function the thumbnail images next to each of the results remains blank.

This is a major issue since there is no text to tell you which apps the shows/movies are available. Each search gives you about multiple results but without the Thumbnail that shows you're clicking on Amazon Prime, Vudu etc. you don't know which to click. Basically you have to blindly select an option and hope you've clicked an app you're a subscriber for.

I've checked updates, restarted the device, unplugged the device etc. Disconnected to internet and reconnected. The shows work in the apps it's just the thumbnails in the Roku search function.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
tvfan14
Channel Surfer

Re: Thumbnails Not Appearing in Search Function

Below are images of one is described above. Basically the thumbnail logos for the Apps are missing so I don't know which option to pick depending on what services I'm subscribed to.60E3571E-9DD7-4F81-8402-ADC7DC00113A.jpeg4FDCEA42-0AEE-47A4-AFA5-6335CE4065C4.jpegEC96E9FB-E9EE-48B2-8BB3-7691CB125957.jpeg

0 Kudos
tvfan14
Channel Surfer

And the images above are for every search performed.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tvfan14,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention to Roku Community!

I understand that the images are not available when searching for the "featured free" or content in the Search, is that correct?

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tvfan14
Channel Surfer

Hi Mary,

Yes it occurs in the "Search" function and "Featured Free". Also the images don't load in "Live TV", "Explore", "Movie Store" and on the "Home" screen the banner ad image to the right of the apps does not load. 

-Model: 4800X - Roku Ultra

-Serial #: X01000ST91LT

-Software Version: 10.5.0 - build 4208-C2

-Device ID: S02A213T91LT

Thanks,

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Are you using Pi-hole or some other ad blocker on your network?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tvfan14
Channel Surfer

Hi - No I don't use either of those. Have had my Roku for over a year and it just started happening yesterday.

0 Kudos