Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

There are YYoutube TV is not on Roku home screen. How to I add?

There are two Youtube apps. YouTube and YouTube TV. They are not the same.

Youtube TV is not on the Roku home screen, Can YT TV app be added to Roku homescree?

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: There are YYoutube TV is not on Roku home screen. How to I add?

Sure.  Here it is:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/34e0b0ce5c05af0733dbcd45f1c46734/youtube-tv

That should take you right to it if you are in the US.  If you are in a different country, results may vary.

0 Kudos
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

I should have been more specific. Need to add Youtibe TV App on my Roku TV home screen, not on smart phone. After discussion with zroku support. I learned no can do. At least for new customer access to YTTV is through std. YT. No way to add to roku home tv screen

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The link I gave above was to the Roku Channel store.  You can install channel/apps on a Roku using that website.  Phones have their own websites for installing things.

0 Kudos
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

Roku has its own channel store where you can add apps to the Roku TV device and this can be done from a smart phone? 

Just to clarify any misunderstanding.my objective is to add the YouTube TV app to the Roku TV home screen. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Yes, the Roku channel store is for browsing, searching, and adding channels to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

I did just as you directed. Clicked on link, took me to channel store and I click on add channel. The I went my TV, ROKU but NO YouTube TV

APP ON HOME SCREEN

0 Kudos
05reinvent
Channel Surfer

Also it does say "installed" but installed where?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@05reinvent 

That means it's been added to your Roku account.

Let's step back a minute and make sure we understand a few things.

You must have (or create if you don't have) a Roku account to use a Roku device. It's probably the very same account you use on this user forum. You can log in at https://my.roku.com

Your Roku device should reflect the same Roku account (email address). On your device, confirm this by going to Settings > System > About

The email address there is (or should be) the same as the one you're using on this forum.

When you add an app, such as YouTube TV, to your Roku account, it gets added to all of your Roku devices that are on that Roku account. It doesn't matter if you have one or 20, all Roku devices will get the app. The exception is an app that requires some feature the device doesn't support. This usually only comes into play with a very old Roku device. If yours is within the last 5-7 years, you probably won't encounter this.

The other thing that would keep an app off your device would be if the device is in, or was set up in, a region (usually a country) where Roku isn't supported, or where the app/service isn't supported.

Roku allows apps to be supported anywhere, even in countries where Roku isn't officially supported. (Roku is only supported in a couple of dozen countries, by the way.) If Roku is supported there, the app probably is, but might not be. If Roku is not supported there, it's more likely the app isn't supported there as well.

I realize you're talking YouTube TV, but an example would be Amazon. Amazon Prime Video is supported in several countries around the world. However, Amazon won't support their Roku app in a country where Roku isn't supported. However, Netflix will support a Roku app in regions where Roku isn't supported. So, it's up to the app developer to pick where the app is supported. It doesn't matter if their app on another platform is supported; the apps are different, and many developers choose to not support where Roku itself isn't supported.

So, where are you? If you're in the USA, you should certainly see YouTube TV on your Roku device. If you're outside the USA, you probably won't see the app.

If you're in the USA, check the entire home screen, all the way up and down, to see if it's there.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Your roku might be too old to have you  tube tv, its upto google on what roku devices get their channel. So if your upgrade to stand alone roku like express, and sign in with same roku account you will have YTTV on that home screen, just not older model. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos