Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

The screen display is too small. I'm only given two options 4:3 composite and 16:9 widescreen.

Both screen options 4:3 and 16:9 show the screen display the screen in a small isolated corner of the TV screen not the whole tv screen. I tried my tv remote settings and I tried the roku remote settings with no luck. I just bought the Roku express yesterday, now I can't find the receipt to return in so I need it to work correctly. Has anyone else had this problem? My TV is a Hitachi CLE-1001  series. Maybe its too old of a flat screen?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: The screen display is too small. I'm only given two options 4:3 composite and 16:9 widescreen.

When I do a web search for Hitachi CLE-1001, it comes back as the TV remote, not the TV itself. Need the TV model number to confirm what sort of signal it will accept. Also, what model Roku player do you have? It sounds like it might be an older Express+ (3710/3910), or possibly even older than that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos