Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest 9.0 Firmware has broken TV Compatability.

Hello, I'm writing to tell you that you're current upgrade to the Roku player has made it incompatible with some TVs, such as mine, let me explain...
I have two Roku's, one connected to a TV and the other not connected to anything and simply unplugged and stored away, this morning as I turned on the TV I got the Message "Mode Not Supported: The resolution is not supported on this TV. Please change the resolution", My TVs brand is Samsung model LN52C530 with a software version t-tdt5ausc-1016.6.

Troubleshooting: Connect unused Roku using same ports, and cords. Result= Sound and Picture work as normal.
Update unused Roku to latest firmware, the problem comes back with the "Mode Not Supported" Message as seen above.
Connect Both Roku's to PC monitor one after the other using the same cords, Picture and Sound work as normal.
Check firmware version 9.0.0 * Build 4083-51

Our Plasma TV is Old but still in working order other devices using the same ports and HDMI cord are working with sound and picture as normal, since the other Roku hasn't been used in a long time and therefore hasn't been updated worked fine as well, until I manually updated it to 9.0,  leaving a firmware as the only explanation, unless I missed something, Can I get some help?
0 Kudos