Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Awerty16
Level 7

The TV Off Button On The Home Screen On My Roku Play Does Not Work

The TV Off Button On The Home Screen On My Roku Play Does Not Work. There Is A Feature On Xbox That When The Xbox Turns On And Off The Tv Will Too. So When I Turn Off My Xbox The Tv Does Too But When I Click The TV Off Button On The Home Screen It Won't Turn Off The Tv. It Says The CEC Setting Is Turned Off I Can't Find The Setting On my TV. But If My Xbox Can Turn Off The Tv My Roku Should Be Able To.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: The TV Off Button On The Home Screen On My Roku Play Does Not Work

Have you tried turning the CEC setting on?

Awerty16
Level 7

On Tv Or On Roku?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

On Roku.

0 Kudos
Awerty16
Level 7

Can you tell me where like Settings<Cec or something?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Maybe I'm losing my mind.  I can't find it now, but I could swear it was there somewhere.  I may have been confusing it with Settings->System->Control other devices.  Now that I look at it again it appears it's a TV setting that not all TVs may have, so it needs to be enabled on your TV.  Sorry for the confusion.

0 Kudos
Awerty16
Level 7

But There was a setting on my Xbox that is enabled that can turn my tv on and off. When the Xbox turns off so does the tv when Xbox turns on so does tv.

0 Kudos