Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elbyj
Level 7

Tablo App update on Roku

Within the past 24 hours there was apparently an update to the Tablo App on our Roku Ultra.  Since the update, we have been unable to view any recorded shows on Tablo from the major networks, nor have we been able to view any live shows on a major network.  We are getting the statement on our Tablo screen stating "Your Roku is reporting that it cannot play this surround sound video."!  I do not have surround sound selected on either our Roku or the Tablo since we don't have a surround system.   Help please!!!!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
dcrocker
Level 8

Re: Tablo App update on Roku

This same problem has now hit my Roku stick. Very recently.

The stickIt is fully up to date with Roku software and the Tablo server is fully up to date.  I removed and reinstalled the Tablo app, but it made no difference.  I played with various TV, Tablo and Roku audio-related settings but they made no difference.  There are no recent postings about this problem I can find on the net.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

See if the below link helps.  Plenty of troubleshooting for similar errors on Tablo Help Page.

https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040089091-Roku-Playback-Error-Video-Not-Playable-On...

https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001241823-5-1-Surround-Sound-Error-Messages-on-Tabl...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
dcrocker
Level 8

drat.  I had done all -- and I mean all -- of the easy possibilities.  So your note prompted me to finally give up and do the factory reset.  I hate doing those.   But it worked.  Yeah?  Oh, and thanks.  /d

Aus10
Level 7

Same issue here. Cant play anything at all.  Factory reset which one, the Tablo or the Roku?

0 Kudos
dcrocker
Level 8

Roku.

Good luck.

d/

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for reaching out, @Aus10

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos