Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

TV is stuck on Software Update

I have had my TV for about three years now. I moved and my child reset the TV and now it won’t do ANYTHING. It is stuck on one screen. My TV is stuck on the Software Update screen after I reset my TV. It is a Hitachi Roku TV and rather frustrating. Is there anything I can do to move past this screen?

I have tried unplugging the power cord from the wall as well as TV for minutes at a time and NOTHING.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV is stuck on Software Update

Same problem! How do I fix this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: TV is stuck on Software Update

Something that makes no sense has worked for some users. Try switching the Internet connection to something different, such as a smartphone hotspot. Let the update complete, then switch it back to the home network.

If it's not giving you the ability to switch the connection, a full System Reset puts you back in the initial setup, and you can choose the Internet connection at that time. The annoyance with that is you have to authenticate all the necessary channels again.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos