Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

TV Off shortcut not apperaring on Roku 4's

Jump to solution

I have multiple Roku 3's.  TV Off shortcut is working fine.  Not on the Roku 4's.  Doesn't appear.  Only the Add Channels shortcut appears.  Of course, I have 9.2.0 update, 4131-17.  HW is 4400-X Roku 4.  What's happening here?  Please don't tell me it's listed somewhere else, because I have searched for DAYS using exhaustive search terms and have found NO reference to bugs in new FW or anything to do with TV Off, except how to HIDE it.  PLEASE HELP.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: TV Off shortcut not apperaring on Roku 4's

Jump to solution

@UncleNine  The feedback has been passed along to the team. This feature is not currently available on all Roku device models at this time. There is a possibility that it may become available at a later date in the future with a subsequent software update, but I can't say for sure. You can keep an eye on blog.roku.com for the latest news and announcements around upcoming software updates. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

TV Off shortcut on Roku 4 IS FIXED !!!  Many, Many Thanks to the development team for fixing this oversight.  I am VERY pleased with this update.  Thanks again !!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I think it may be a TV thing and not a (Roku) thing. I have 2 (Roku) ultras. One shows the TV off and the other doesn’t. They are not the same TV models. I’v searched all through the Roku settings and see no way of adding the TV off. Also, supposedly there is should be a sleep timer. Neither Roku has that in the shortcut. Perhaps someone will chime in with a fix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I don't think it's the TV's.  I have all Sony's and one that is fairly old (5-7 years...) works fine on the Roku 3.  One later model works fine on the Roku 3, but both of my latest Sony's on Roku 4's DO NOT work--"TV Off" doesn't show up.  I don't think it's the TV's. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Please.  The two TV's that DO NOT show the "TV Off" shortcut are the most important TV's I have.  They are also the newest.  My older Sony's all have Roku 3's and the "TV Off" shortcut is present, and work.  The newer ones (both have Roku 4's) are Sony model KDL-40W600B with Roku 4.  The "TV Off" shortcut doesn't even appear.  They have MHL inputs.  Can anybody PLEASE HELP ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.

I really appreciate the feature when it showed up on my Roku 3. Hope there's a way to get it on my Roku 4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about what you're seeing here. I'll share this feedback over with our team, and provide any further updates that I hear! 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks Tanner.  This is really important to me.  They are my main TV's.  I like the 4's very much (specific 4 is in my earlier post) but I'm thinking about "downgrading" to 3's to get this feature.  (Which also works to turn the TV on too!)  I'd really like this...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

Its the only time roku 3 outdoes the roku 4, take in the case of Apple tv app, its on the roku 3 but not the Roku 4.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I just got my husband a new Roku because Hulu was removed from our LG Smart TV.  Have enjoyed the Roku on our other pre Smart display. Found this forum because cannot find TV off for it.  It is a model 4.  I too would be interested in returning it for a model 3 with the TV off feature like my other Roku.  Can you still get the model 3's?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The roku 3 and 4 are 3 & 4 years old, you want something newer like Ultra, Premiere+ , and or express +.

Edmund
0 Kudos