Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JEHarm
Reel Rookie

TV HDMI auto sensing

So the ROKU never turns off video out to the TV, even after hitting the power button. This prevents the TV from auto sensing other inputs and switching to them. How do you make the thing turn off video out when not in use besides unplugging it? Roku ultra hard wired to network and HDMI to one HDMI input of TV. Other devices use other HDMI inputs and autoswitch to active device when ROKU not attached.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV HDMI auto sensing

Are you returning the Roku to the Home Screen before turning off the TV?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JEHarm
Reel Rookie

That does not work. Turn off tv with ROKU remote Andrew turn on other devices, they do not autoswitch. Go to input for ROKU without turning it on and video is still there from ROKU. IT never turns off.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

That's correct that Rokus don't turn off.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

You still haven't answered the question: Are you returning the Roku to the Home Screen before turning off the TV? You either are doing that, in which case the answer is yes, or you are not doing that, in which case the answer is no. The answer is important. 

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
JEHarm
Reel Rookie

When I said that does not work, I ‘answered the question’.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

No, you didn't. I would infer that, but that can lead to issues if I incorrectly infer something. So, I specifically asked. And yet you refuse to answer. Fine. Someone else will come along that will put up with your nonsense. I'll go help someone that will cooperate with there issue.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
JEHarm
Reel Rookie

Well that’s friendly

0 Kudos