Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

THINKING OF BUYING A USED ROKU 5 ULTRA

THINKING OF BUYING USED ROKU 5 ULTRA, because I want Toslink, audio-only, TV-off capability.

Am I asking for trouble here? Roku still updates the ROKU 5? am buying an obsolete, slow with today's Apps box?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: THINKING OF BUYING A USED ROKU 5 ULTRA

@SammyWoo wrote:

THINKING OF BUYING USED ROKU 5 ULTRA, because I want Toslink, audio-only, TV-off capability.

Am I asking for trouble here? Roku still updates the ROKU 5? am buying an obsolete, slow with today's Apps box?

You posted this in the wrong section. The Ultra 4640 is not a legacy device. Almost no one is going to know what you mean by Roku 5 Ultra, as that name doesn't exist. I realize you mean the 5th generation Roku, which is the 4640.

Yes, the 4640 is still supported and works well. The latest Ultra is a bit faster, but overall the 4640 is just fine. It's nowhere near obsolete, and is still very responsive. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: THINKING OF BUYING A USED ROKU 5 ULTRA

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.  Anybody else reading TOSLINK is so that I can use this box for audio streaming, why buy yet another adapter when one box can do the job right.

0 Kudos