Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ehdrian
Level 7

TCL 75R617 ROKU 9.4.0 - Picture Settings problems since update

I've had my TCL 75R617 for a few months now without issue. The TV updated last week to 9.4.0 and has since been had multiple picture and settings issues.

1) Motion smoothing appears to be stuck on, even though it's showing as "off" along with all the other clarity settings. Nothing I do, even a reset settings seems to disable it, regardless of them showing as "off".

2) Picture modes don't seem to do anything. I can switch between movie, sports, normal and vivid without much noticeable change to the picture.

3) HDR/DOLBY VISION looks horrible now. Colors and details are either washed out, oversaturated or blown out. Again, when in this mode, I'm unable to change any settings that impact picture quality. It's almost as if "Gaming" mode is secretly enabled. 

Please help. The latest update appears to have damaged the TV.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TCL 75R617 ROKU 9.4.0 - Picture Settings problems since update

@ehdrian 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

In regards to the issue you are experiencing:
1) -can you provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-can you provide us a video of the issue you are experiencing?

2) -can you provide us with examples of what you are seeing? 
-can you provide a tracker ID when this issue occurs

3) can you please provide more information about what you are experiencing?
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing so we can get a better understanding

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
StrevONT
Level 7

Re: TCL 75R617 ROKU 9.4.0 - Picture Settings problems since update

I have an LG OLED55B6P -U (firmware ver. 5.32.00)TV and I'm experiencing similar issues. HDR via HDMI ports appear to fail auto-negotiate cfg settings and prompts a TV restart to resolve. The streaming session can also fail or exhibit audio quality issues. Content streamed directly from the LG O.S. does not exhibit these issues.

Application: Apple TV

Problem: streaming content fails to load. Tried alt HDMI ports - same issue. Tried a new HDMI cable, same issue. Re-set Roku device to factory, same issue. Re-set LG TV to factory, same issue. Appears to be a battle of system firmware.

Roku spec: model, 4630x, firmware ver. 9.4.0, build 4200

0 Kudos