Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
55DC760
Level 7

TCL 55DC760 stuck on logo

Jump to solution

Hello,

i'm not sure if my TCL 55DC760 Android TV is Roku based, so I don't know if I am in the right place for support. 

The TV has the latest firmware available for this model, I have updated it a couple of months ago.

Unfortunately I am not able to see the exact version installed because the TV does not complete the boot anymore. 

The boot stucks on the four colored circles (for more than 2 hours) as you can see on the picture below:

logo.jpeg

The logo is not frozen, circles are spinning as they usually do during a normal boot.

Then, I tried to:

1) unplug the power cord and keep it unplugged for 15 minutes; plug the power cord.

RESULT: same behavior (stuck on spinning circles logo).

2) unplug power cord; press the power button and keep it pressed while plugging the power cord; release the power button after 5 seconds.

RESULT: after some second I got the error logo shown in the picture below:

error.jpeg

At this stage, after 5 seconds the TV reboot itself and then stucks again on the spinning circles logo;

3) unplug power cord; press the power button and keep it pressed for 30 seconds with the cord unplugged; release power button; plug the power cord.

RESULT: same behavior (stuck on spinning circles logo);

4) unplug the power cord; press the power button and keep it pressed while plugging the power cord; keep the power button pressed during the whole process.

RESULT: the TV enter in an infinite loop showing the error logo and rebooting itself after some second. 

I really don't know what else to do....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
55DC760
Level 7

Re: TCL 55DC760 stuck on logo

Jump to solution

Hi renojim,
didn't know that Roku was an OS.

I'm sorry.

I mistakenly thought that Roku was a chipset brand for Android TVs and TV boxes...Smiley Embarassed

Anyway, I solved my issue by loading the original update.pkg file for my TV model (link found on xda) on a USB key and flashing the TV to factory default.

Thank you, bye.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Roku isn't Android, so you don't have a Roku TV.  Try TCL support:

https://support.tclusa.com/televisions

0 Kudos
55DC760
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi renojim,
didn't know that Roku was an OS.

I'm sorry.

I mistakenly thought that Roku was a chipset brand for Android TVs and TV boxes...Smiley Embarassed

Anyway, I solved my issue by loading the original update.pkg file for my TV model (link found on xda) on a USB key and flashing the TV to factory default.

Thank you, bye.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos