Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Switching out micro SD cards

My ROKU 3 (from 2014) needs to be replaced since the only remote that works consistantly with it is about to stop working (the buttons need to be pushed extra hard) and the headphone jack keeps cutting out.  I actually have two other remotes, but they are very hit or miss, either they won't connect, or if they do connect they only stay connected for a few minutes.

So, I have a micro usb in my device, and wanted to know if I upgraded to another non-stick streaming ROKU can I just switch out the card or do I have to format it?  I don't know what to do about transfering everything.  If the settings and placement or whatever needs to be redone, or if when I reinsert the card will it have it all on it?  I haven't gotten the new ROKU yet, was just trying to see what to get, and what will happen.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Switching out micro SD cards

Someone has probably done this and can give a better answer, but I'm willing to bet if you take a microSD card out of one Roku and put it in another the new device will offer to format it. 

0 Kudos