Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssarahbg
Level 7

Switching between Roku TV’s

I have multiple Roku Tv’s in my house. I would like to be able to easily switch between rooms when watching a show. Is there an easier way to send the show I am watching onto another Roku TV on the same network when I am ready to change rooms (ex living room to bedroom)?  I cannot find anyone asking this question. I seem to always have to turn on the tv in the other room, open up programming, find the show, and start again. There has to be an easier way. I used to be able to do this with on demand through direct tv. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Switching between Roku TV’s

On the Roku, this would be a feature the channel owner has to have programmed into the channel app.   Some will give you the option, when you select the program on the channel, of resuming the playback, but others don't track this on your account and your only option is to start at the beginning.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
lesmikesell
Level 13

Re: Switching between Roku TV’s

If you use the roku remote app on your phone, when you switch the device it controls it will power that TV on, and in the bottom right corner of the 'remote' control view there is an icon for 'channels' that will have the most recently used channels where it is easy to select them.

Alternatively, if you have an amazon echo device you can configure Alexa to control at least one of them with voice commands to power on and select (some of) the channels.

0 Kudos