Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_D
Reel Rookie

Swap out dated device for new Roku Ultra device

How do I/or a guideline to swap my out dated Roku device with a new Roku ultra device to keep all channels and subscriptions? Please advise and any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Swap out dated device for new Roku Ultra device

All you have to do is make sure the new device is linked to the same Roku account as the old device.  Some people have unwittingly created a new account, so check the email address that shows under Settings->System->About on your old device if you're not sure.  Once you link the new device to your existing Roku account all your installed channels/apps will be downloaded automatically.  You may have to enter your credentials for any subscriptions you have that are aren't paid through Roku.

If you have any questions, just ask them here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

And to add: If you are going to throw out the old Roku, make sure to go to your account online and unlink it. Then you should also perform a factory reset on it. That will prevent anyone from garbage picking and stealing your credentials.

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Also forgot to mention that you may need to re-login to subscriptions. If your subscription is through Roku, that will probably be automatic. Otherwise, you will need to remember your logins.

0 Kudos