Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webcreator
Reel Rookie

Subtitles need resetting after each use

Jump to solution

I need to reset my subtitles under the Roku Menu that has a check mark already. Afterwards, check the Apps for updates, then I restart the Roku Ultra 2019.

Close the App and the subtitles no longer work.

Repeat this process before entering App if I want to see the subtitles.

I have tried several solutions posted on many search results here and on the internet.

Any suggestions are a permanent solution would be welcomed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Webcreator
Reel Rookie

SOLVED Re: Subtitles need resetting after each use

Jump to solution

After months of trying all the suggestions in search engines, the solution was very simple. Roku Ultra subtitles on and streaming apps subtitles on must include the SmartTV subtitles on and the Ruku Ultra will no longer have issues with subtitles missing. You can continue to control streaming apps subtitles directly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Webcreator
Reel Rookie

SOLVED Re: Subtitles need resetting after each use

Jump to solution

After months of trying all the suggestions in search engines, the solution was very simple. Roku Ultra subtitles on and streaming apps subtitles on must include the SmartTV subtitles on and the Ruku Ultra will no longer have issues with subtitles missing. You can continue to control streaming apps subtitles directly.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SOLVED Re: Subtitles need resetting after each use

Jump to solution

Good info. Thanks for sharing and good to see you got it working!

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos