Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoosierferg
Binge Watcher

Re: Subtitles keep turning on

Jump to solution

Subsequent to my post a few minutes ago, using AXS app, Captions did not show up on the initial show even though captions were turned on when I checked with asterisk button. After that show played and the new show started, they were on. If you turn off before exiting the app, then the captions mode in the Roku settings it is off. If you don’t turn it off in the app, then their captions are checked is always on in the Roku settings caption mode. Again, why Roku’s caption mode should be affected by individual apps is an obvious problem.  

0 Kudos
teckel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D please look back at thr history of this thread, several members have provided the information you a requested and we still have no answers. This has been happening for over a year now. 

Hoosierferg
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’ve been looking this over for the past year and a half. I submitted extensive information 14 months ago.  I suggested Roku support look it over better, especially late Feb-early March 2021. 

mountainmanherm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

it is roku software issue      how to fix  find an r rated movie it does not matter as long as it is r rated set the subtitles to off play movie for 10 minutes restart roku problem fixed  this is what i was told by a roku teck 4 years ago and i had to do this again 4 months ago and it still worked for me then this issue has been going on for about 4 or 5 years dont know why they have not fixed it yet  i posted this a few times and people should be passing this around but i never see it

0 Kudos
Hoosierferg
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’ll bet you were. What are you, 12. 

0 Kudos
mountainmanherm
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

your the a im 61 you fool    it has fixed my roku twice 

0 Kudos
blamaz07
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is happening since around february 2022 on both of my TCL 4 Series and TCL 6 Series Roku TV. I'm not using a channel, the TV is set to open on live TV and subtitles get turn on randomly. It's annoying.

viraladmin

Jump to solution

This thread goes back over 2 years and still there is no fix. The suggested fixes are nonsense and try to place blame on apps. The only apps installed on my device, literally cannot be removed. They are the default apps required by roku to operate. You know things like live tv, roku streaming channels, roku tv store, etc. There is no "uninstall the apps" and a factory reset... does nothing but cause the problem to continue. 

And yes, even the "watch a rated R" suggestion doesn't work... despite the comment claiming it does... if it didn't... they wouldn't have had to do it multiple times over the life of their device and by their own claim, they have had to do it more than 1 time.

So how about roku fix this annoying bug instead of blaming other apps or the user. Its clearly an issue in the app. roku app - not 3rd party apps. Even if reset worked.... thats not the fix as it keeps happening and keeps needing to be reset. That is not a solution its a band aide.