Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YesCyre
Reel Rookie

Subtitles blinking in and out on TCL Roku TV

The subtitles on my TCL Roku TV sometimes blink in and out when a fast moving scene happens. This occurs in multiple streaming apps.

The subtitlrd will become hard to read, disappear for a few seconds and go out of sync. Since it's happening in several apps (Netflix  Hulu, disney plus). I'm wondering if it's an issue with the TV itself?

How can I fix this? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Subtitles blinking in and out on TCL Roku TV

@YesCyre-

These things are just special purpose computers, and just like their big brothers, sometimes operational problems cans be solved by a system restart.

From the Roku home screen use menu path Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV the menu path is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
YesCyre
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the factory reset and the subtitles are still acting the same way. 

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @YesCyre

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos