Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pshirey

Streaming stick

Can someone please tell me the difference between the Streaming stick model number 3811X and model number 3810X?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming stick

Looking at the specifications on the Roku developer site, the only difference shown is that the 3811 has a Amarillo 2019-HP code name, while the 3810 says Amarillo 2019. I have no idea what the difference is between the two, although I believe it is the WiFi radio. I think (can't say for certain, the developer's documentation doesn't go into that much detail) that the 3811 has what Roku refers to as a long-range wireless receiver. The power cord is the WiFi antenna, which substantially improves wireless functionality. 

Every other spec that I can find is identical, so that's my best guess. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming stick

@pshirey wrote:

Can someone please tell me the difference between the Streaming stick model number 3811X and model number 3810X?

The difference is the bundled headphones - the 3811 is the Best Buy-exclusive "SS+ Headphones Edition":

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-streaming-stick-plus-headphone-edition

0 Kudos