Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benradu
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick+ Screen Mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Hi,

I got a new Roku Streaming Stick+ and it updated itself to the latest version and almost everything works as expected. The screen mirroring from Windows 10 (2 laptops tested) is not working at all.

I followed all suggestions posted here and elsewhere on the internet without any luck.

So, I suspected that Windows 10 may be the problem. I tried screen mirroring with Amazon Fire Stick 4k and it works just fine so I have to to exclude Windows 10 (which by the way, I installed the latest updates for Network adapter and display).

The Roku Stick+ is detected and listed as a display in Windows 10 but when attempting to connect it fails after some time with the message: Can't connect.

At this time I put the blame entirely on Roku Stick+. Anyone having success with the same configuration?

Thanks, Ben

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
benradu
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Stick+ Screen Mirroring not working

Jump to solution

I have an update to this. Looks like that last roku update (9.4.0) solved the problem!

I set the screen mirroring mode to prompt and it works quite nice actually.

Roku, please don't break this.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RandyH70

Jump to solution

I wish I did.  My windows 10 laptop connected and projected fine (effortlessly) with my LG TV until Jan. 2020.  I had a Roku Express connected too.  Shortly after adding the Roku Streaming Stick+ I could no longer find the LG TV as a device and the TV showed no wifi connection any more.  The Roku stick showed as a device and I could connect and project to the Roku fine until 2-3 months ago.  Now mine does what you said.  The TV looks like it is connected (asks to "allow") but nothing happens and after awhile I get a message that It can't connect.  I'm also unable to navigate the screen to check or make another selection.

My frustration now is that I have the same problem with my iphone.  Until about 2 weeks ago I could mirror my phone using the Roku Streamer and Roku Mirror app.  I did at times lose connection and would have to restart the broadcast.  In the past 2 weeks the phone connects to the TV but nothing happens on the TV when I start the broadcast.  The Roku app sometimes closes (reverts to homescreen).  My phone says it is broadcasting.  I am still able to project pictures and video stored on my iphone, nothing streams.  I usually am streaming a zoom meeting, but Ive also attempted other things.

I downloaded a new Miracast app for Roku and others but its cost $9.99 a month after a 3 day trial.  I don't need that extra expense.  I haven't tried it yet,

0 Kudos
benradu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an update to this. Looks like that last roku update (9.4.0) solved the problem!

I set the screen mirroring mode to prompt and it works quite nice actually.

Roku, please don't break this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Got to "Starting vidoe from...

LAPTOP xxxxxxxx"

and about 1/3 of purple progress bar.

Thats it.

Not working.

0 Kudos
JGA123

Jump to solution

I successfully Mirrored screens from iPad Pro 12.9, iPhone 13 ProMax, and Dell XPS (Win 10 Pro OS), to a Roku Streaming Stick 4K (not +) for several weeks, until today.  After much ping pong between Roku & Apple, I gleaned that somehow my Wi-Fi Network is preventing my devices from seeing the Roku stick, even though the Roku remote works just fine, and confirms the stick has internet access thru my Wi-Fi.   

Leading up to this hard-failure, I did have similar disconnects from mirroring, but that seemed to have more to do with Bluetooth AirPods being connected out-of-sequence.  Turning off Bluetooth on everything but my iPhone minimized strange effects.

0 Kudos