Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianL2
Reel Rookie

Streambar remote blocking TCL Roku TV remote?

Jump to solution

I have a brand new TCL Roku TV, and also a brand new Roku Streambar. I unboxed both... followed Quick Start for TV, batteries in Remote, plugged in TV - yay its working! Proceeded to setup my Antenna and OTA channels (Found 30+ some channels.) Picture quality fantastic!

OK then I unboxed the Streambar. Attached HDMI / ARC, and plugged in Streambar. Right away it starts a Setup for my connection (I am using the Wired connection through USB adapter). Setup my Account. Roku Menu is there.  THEN.... I notice the TCL Roku TV remote has gone totally DEAD.

Now, Streambar controls everything - I cannot access ANY TCL TV functions. I can't adjust the Picture, etc. AND... I can't access my OTA Antenna. I can't use anything on the TCL TV ?? ONLY Streambar works now. Yes - It did allow me to setup On Off, under Remotes & devices / Remotes / "Setup Remote for TV control".... But the only "control" is On Off. 

Streambar appears to be BLOCKING all functions on the Roku TV ??  HELP!!!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
Reel Rookie

Re: Streambar remote blocking TCL Roku TV remote?

Jump to solution

UPDATE - SOLVED:  The Roku Streambar (with new "Enhanced" Remote) physically blocks the TCL Roku TV with older Infrared Standard Remote - Streambar is about 2.5 inches "tall" and the Roku TV's IR sensor is located on the lower edge of TV frame.... so sitting the Streambar front and center, right in front of TV you're blocking the InfraRed signal.  Either stand up and point TCL remote down/ or move the Streambar somewhere else?  NOTE:  maybe not a problem on huge 60" TV but on the 32" and 40" this Streambar does block the sensor... other soundbar models are not as "tall" as this one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Had the same problem with my 43" TCL roku tv and roku soundbar when using IR remote to control the tv. But my oem TV remote that came with the tv is wifi voice remote, only when using aftermaket universals I had trouble. Until I bought tv stand and mounted my tv 6 inches higher, even mounted the soundbar to stand also. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
BrianL2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

UPDATE - SOLVED:  The Roku Streambar (with new "Enhanced" Remote) physically blocks the TCL Roku TV with older Infrared Standard Remote - Streambar is about 2.5 inches "tall" and the Roku TV's IR sensor is located on the lower edge of TV frame.... so sitting the Streambar front and center, right in front of TV you're blocking the InfraRed signal.  Either stand up and point TCL remote down/ or move the Streambar somewhere else?  NOTE:  maybe not a problem on huge 60" TV but on the 32" and 40" this Streambar does block the sensor... other soundbar models are not as "tall" as this one.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Had the same problem with my 43" TCL roku tv and roku soundbar when using IR remote to control the tv. But my oem TV remote that came with the tv is wifi voice remote, only when using aftermaket universals I had trouble. Until I bought tv stand and mounted my tv 6 inches higher, even mounted the soundbar to stand also. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
LonJ

Jump to solution

What’s the “Solve” for this! Just bought 50 inch TCL Roku tv and Roku Streambar Pro and the Streambar covers the sensor and I can’t use the TV remote unless I’m standing right in front of the tv and pointing down at the sensor. That’s not a solution.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Never mind.  I really wish there was a way to delete a post.

0 Kudos
MotorcycleCindy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I too bought a new TCL Roku 5-series 55 inch TV and a TCL Soundbar. I used the legs that came with the TV. I bought a nice buffet to put them both on.

WHY WOULD TCL MAKE A SOUNDBAR THAT WOULD BLOCK THE REMOTE SENSOR THAT IS USED TO CONTROL BOTH TV AND SOUNDBAR?!!

I must raise arm and aim high with remote to try to operate both.., OR set TV on blocks, or open the drawer on the buffet and set the soundbar in the drawer (on top of DVD's) to lower it out of the way... SO THE REMOTE WILL WORK!

TERRIBLE. POOR DESIGN. STUPID.

Of course if the TV had been designed correctly I would not need a soundbar! Poor volume. Great way to make you spend more money on their products.

Never again..

0 Kudos