Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSS3
Level 7

Streambar and other audio components

Jump to solution

Just swapped out my Ultra with a Streambar. I have another audio component for my hearing aids, which runs on an audio out terminal on my RCA TV.  No problem running both with the Ultra. Hooked up the Streambar, and have lost the audio on my hearing assist. The sound is working, but no audio from the TV.

Also, with the Ultra I could control the on-off function on the TV. Can’t do that with the Streambar, so have to use the TV remote to turn the TV on and off.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar and other audio components

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that when using the Roku Streambar, any external audio will not be able to be used, this includes audio from the TV as well.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Homekeys
Level 8

Jump to solution

Congrats on the Streambar, I know it is off topic but could you tell me what the dc output is on the power brick that came with the product? is it 12V? how many amps output?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Homekeys
Level 8

Jump to solution

never mind, 

I bought one at Walmart today. The power adapter is 12v @ 5A.

Just wanted to solve for the people of the future!

0 Kudos
sternmj
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  I too had an Ultra and had a bluetooth transmitter operating from an audio out port connecting with a blutooth speaker.  No longer works.  Any suggestions?

Michael

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that when using the Roku Streambar, any external audio will not be able to be used, this includes audio from the TV as well.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
reginfaz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I cannot believe that you guys pretend to care about hearing-impaired people. We cannot even have an answer if this will be fixed in future products. I understand this is not your priority, but at least let us know so we can move on to other equipment compatible with our equipment. 

0 Kudos