Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Stream bar and Satellite Not working

Installed the Roku Streambar but ran into a problem. I connected the Streambar to the HDMI/ARC connection and it works fine playing the installed apps on the Roku/Ono 55 inch TV. However, I can not get back to my Dish Network Satellite Tv programing as it no longer shows a TV Input section. If I disconnect the HDMI/ARC from the sound bar and plug the satellite cable back in the HDMI/ARC slot and use the fiber optic cable, it comes back but you can not control the volume with either remote. To watch Dish TV, I have to completely remove the streambar, plug the Dish cable into the HDMI/ARC port and use the original remote.

I hope someone  can tell me how to connect this streambar with Dish Tv and have it function correctly. I should be able to use the voice remote and go back and forth with inputs and control all the volume thru the new voice remote. thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 20

Re: Stream bar and Satellite Not working

You have a roku tv and a roku streambar, each has their own roku home screen, the roku tv home screen is the only one with hdmi input tiles. If you use the streambar remote will always send you to the Streambar home screen, no input tiles. Stop using the Streamber remote, just use the roku tv remote, if you like the wifi remote that came with streambar you can purchase one separately and pair it to the roku tv. You can go back and forth between the two rokus by pressing the home keys on the remotes. Pressing it on the roku tv remote will change instantly to roku tv home screen, if you pressing the home button on the streambar remote will load after short countdown timer.

Edmund
0 Kudos