Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping channels from being deleted and stopping guests from moving channels

Jump to solution

Does Roku have a pin code or away to setup a pin where I can block my renters from deleting certain channels and also stop my renters from moving certain channels around.  I need three channels at the top where no one should be able to remove or move them.  Please advise the solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Stopping channels from being deleted and stopping guests from moving channels

Jump to solution

@Makingmemories1

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is no way to block the deletion of channels or moving channels on the Home screen. Are you sharing a single device in the household?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Stopping channels from being deleted and stopping guests from moving channels

Jump to solution

@Makingmemories1

Thanks for the inquiry.

There is no way to block the deletion of channels or moving channels on the Home screen. Are you sharing a single device in the household?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aperry1918

Jump to solution

The pin requirement for adding channels works great.

Why can't the pin requirement also apply to removing channels? It's a huge pain when someone in the house removes channels and every other device is impacted. It requires every other device in the home to have to re-add the channel(s) and re-enter credentials on every device to restore the services.

It will be even worse when YouTube drops off of Roku and users won't be able to re-add it at all. 

Is this something Roku plans to address?

0 Kudos