Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keithkirk

Stop Streaming Roku Ultra

I am assuming that when I go to the Home Screen that will in essence turn OFF any streaming. This does not seem to be very clear in any of the discussions or instructions. I don’t think relying on the automatic function is a good default. There should be clear concise directions that indicate streaming is off. This is not much of an issue on devices that are either on or off. That does not apply to this device since it is always on.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Stop Streaming Roku Ultra

@Keithkirk 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that Roku devices do not turn off, as they are meant to remain powered on so updates can be done on the device when not in use. 

If you wish to make sure that your device is off and not using data when not in use, we would recommend unplug your device after use or connect it to a surge protector that you can simply turn off.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stop Streaming Roku Ultra

If you return to the Home Screen it will stop all streaming.  It may still use a small amount of data (compared to streaming video) as it downloads updates and other data.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos