Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Stop Roku From Powering Down

My Roku Express insists on powering down after a period of inactivity. There is no "power" setting on the settings-->System menu. Every single time I want to use Roku I have to unplug the power cord and then put the power cable back in. It will not wake up on its own.

Is there any way I  can stop Roku from powering down or some button I can press on the remote that will turn it back on without my having to manually unplug and then re-plug the power connector? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Stop Roku From Powering Down

There's no way to power down a current Roku.  I'm guessing the so-called Bandwidth Saver is returning you to the home page after 4 hours without input from a remote or Roku app on a mobile device, and that the screen saver kicks in shortly after that, but that the screen saver is having a problem and locks up.

You could try switching to a different screen saver, or turn off the Bandwidth Saver (Settings > Network > Bandwidth saver)

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos